Altoids Classic Peppermint Breath Mints, 1.76-Ounce Tin (Pack of 12)
- Contains twelve (12) 1.76-ounce pocket-size tins of ALTOIDS Peppermint Flavor Breath Mints
- CURIOUSLY STRONG: ALTOIDS Curiously Strong Peppermint Mints pack all the curiously strong flavor you expect from Altoids in a sharp, pepperminty mint.. These curiously strong peppermint mints bring you cool, fresh breath with an added punch of peppermint
- CURIOUSLY VERSATILE: It’s not just our signature, reusable tins that bring versatility to the table. ALTOIDS Curiously Strong Peppermint Mints can be used to freshen breath, add a sharp burst of flavor as a decoration for baked goods or as an ice-breaker
- CURIOUSLY ALTOIDS: Like all our curious mints, ALTOIDS Curiously Strong Peppermint Mints come in easy to pack, sturdy tins, that keep our cool, flavorful mints fresh longer. Perfect for packing in a purse, tossing in a briefcase or throwing in a backpack
- CURIOUSLY TRADITIONAL: Since 1780, ALTOIDS Mints has been providing Americans with their curiously strong mints. They’re still curiously strong, and now that curious strength comes in a variety of flavors
Iconic and classically delicious, these ALTOIDS Mints tins are great for keeping in your desk drawer. They’re a fresh boost of confidence before that big meeting.
Perfectly portable, these compact mint containers easily fit in your pocket or clutch bag to keep your breath fresh when you’re on the move.
ALTOIDS Arctic Mints are curiously cool and sugarfree. Stock your car with these refreshing mints for a burst of refreshing flavor wherever you go.
Always stay fresh and ready for what comes your way with ALTOIDS Classic Peppermint Breath Mints. From business meetings in the boardroom to first dates at your favorite watering hole, there’s never a good time to have bad breath. These curiously strong breath mints will help keep you feeling confident for every adventure. Packaged in a pocket-sized tin, it’s easy to take ALTOIDS Mints on the go, to keep them in your car or to stock them in your desk. No matter where you are, pop one of these precocious mints, and the next thing out of your mouth is sure to be sheer confidence. Now that’s the curious strength of ALTOIDS!
About the Brand
Around the turn of the 19th century, during the reign of King George III, the recipe for the original Altoids was perfected by Smith & Company, a London confectionary firm. They were first sold in the U.S. in 1918, at that time sold in small, rectangular cardboard cartons. The tins so recognizable today were first introduced in the 1920s to help protect the mints and to stay neatly closed in pockets and handbags.
Today, the Altoids line includes mints, sours, and gum.
Why Are They Called Altoids?
The exact origin of the name is unclear, but it seems that during the 19th century confections were given names employing the -oids suffix to imply a medicinal benefit (Altoids were promoted for more than a century as a “stomach calmative,” though of course Altoids provides no medicinal benefit). Smith & Company also marketed several other remedies with oids in their names, such as Benoids for delicate throats and chests, Zenoids for an easy digestion, Cyphoids to defend your throat, and Notoids antiseptic voice and throat pastilles.
- Pack of twelve (12); 1.76 ounces each
- 10 calories per serving
- Display tray included
There are no reviews yet.