PENN Senator Star Drag Conventional Fishing Reel, Size 115
The PENN Senator needs no introduction. First launched in 1936, the Senator Series has endured the test of time. The Senator is world- renowned for being a universal, respected star drag reel. Its rugged design allows it to be an offshore workhorse that has amassed more IGFA big game world records than any other reel in the industry. The Senator is designed to be a low gear ratio winch, it will pull anything off the bottom. HT-100 drag washers provide smooth drag under heavy loads. Stainless Steel Frame Rings Stainless steel frame rings enhances rigidity to prevent frame-flex.
Saltwater breeds a different kind of angler. It toughens you. It cures you like bacon. It leaves you thirsty for the next fight. Hard core saltwater anglers need equipment that is as tough as they are, and as reliable as the rising tide. At PENN, we’ve been testing the limits of saltwater fishing since 1932, which is why our reputation for durability runs so deep. PENN. LET THE BATTLE BEGIN.
- DURABLE ALUMINUM REEL SPOOL: The PENN Senator Conventional Reel features a machined and anodized aluminum spool with Bakelite sideplates.
- MARINE GRADE BRONZE MAIN GEAR with stainless steel pinion gear. Recovers at the rate of 28” | 71cm with every turn of the crank. Gear ratio of 2.5:1.
- MULTI-STOP BEARING SYSTEM: Time-tested shielded 2-ball bearing system offers control in the heat of battle.
- HT-100 STAR DRAG SYSTEM: Multi-disk star drag system with a max drag of 24lb | 10.8kg, this system is easy to adjust as the fight wears on.
- LINE CAPACITY: Mono Capacity yd/lb: 1150/30 700/50 625/60. Braid Capacity 1700/80 1450/100 1200/130.
- RIGHT HANDLE POSITION with convertible power handle for challenging opponents.
- STAINLESS STEEL REEL STAND with heavy-duty clicker provides feedback and confidence.
- THE PENN PROMISE – No matter where you fish or what you fish for, you can look to PENN for dependable performance, now and in the future.
- Convertible power handle