SMITH Engage MIPS Mountain Cycling Helmet – Matte Cinder – Medium
Originating from Sun Valley, Idaho, Smith was founded in 1965 with the invention of the first snow goggle featuring a sealed thermal lens and breathable vent foam. With 50 years of innovation and design experience, Smith is widely known today as an industry leader that pioneers advanced eyewear and helmets that incorporate dynamic technologies, optimized performance and clean styling to fuel fun beyond walls. Smith seeks to power thrilling experiences in snow, surf, bike, fish and peak performance outdoor adventures with a comprehensive collection that exudes modern style and vibrant personality. To Smith, the experience is everything.
SMITH ENGAGE MIPS
Big berms, rock gardens or flowy rollers. No matter the trail, get after it with confidence in the Smith Engage mountain bike helmet. Zonal Koroyd complements MIPS for energy-absorbing impact protection in the event of a crash. A dial adjustable fit and extended back coverage provide a locked-in feel. On hot days or exposed climbs, 20 fixed vents and our AirEvac ventilation system keep you cool and comfortable. Channels on the front make it easy to stow eyewear and a two-position visor rotates up for on-the-go goggle storage.
SIZING: Small (51-55cm) | Medium (55-59cm) | Large (59-63cm) | X-Large (61-65cm)
- Protection: Lightweight In-moId construction. MIPS Protection System reduces rotational forces caused by angled impacts
- Fit: VaporFit dial adjustment system offers 270-degree fit adjustment with the turn of a dial
- Integration: Designed for ultimate integration with Smith performance eyewear for maximum comfort, venting and storage convenience. AirEvac ventilation system integrates with Smith eyewear for fog-free lenses
- Features: 21 fixed vents for consistent airflow. Performance comfort lining. Lightweight, low-bulk single layer webbing. Two position adjustable visor
- Weight and certifications: Weight (Size M, MIPS): 12 oz / 350 g. CPSC and CE EN 1078 certified
The combination of Koroyd’s precise and unique thermal welding process leads to a structure with both extremely efficient and consistent energy absorption properties. Upon impact, the cores crush in a completely controlled manner, decelerating the energy from the impact and reducing the final trauma levels.
Thousands of co-polymer extruded tubes, thermally welded to create an unparalleled consistent and fully engineered core. Each Koroyd section is engineered to precise durometer, size, and thickness specifications to provide the greatest impact resistance and aesthetically consistent presentation.
Koroyd is an energy absorber which is fully breathable and doesn’t compromise impact performance. Koroyd’s open cell construction allows cool air in, while expelling hot air from the rider’s head. The completely open cell construction integrates with internal channels to create the full Aerocore construction to provide ventilated protection.