K9 Advantix II Flea & Tick Spot Treatment for Dogs, over 55 lbs (2 Doses)
Say bye-bye to pesky pests with K9 Advantix II XL Dog Vet-Recommended Flea, Tick & Mosquito Treatment & Prevention. It’s a su-paw simple way to treat and prevent fleas, ticks, mosquitoes, biting flies and lice. This treatment repels pests and kills fleas on contact, so they don’t have to bite your furbaby to die. It starts working within hours of applications. This monthly topical formula is fragrance-free and easy to apply, and there’s no treatment needed. It’s waterproof after 24 hours in case your best friend gets caught in the rain.
- Helps to protect dogs over 55 pounds from fleas, ticks, mosquitoes, biting flies and lice.
- Starts working within hours of application.
- Kills and repels on contact, so fleas don’t have to bite your furbaby to die.
- Easy-to-apply topical treatment is fragrance-free and waterproof after 24 hours.
- No prescription needed.
USE ONLY ON DOGS AND PUPPIES 7 WEEKS OF AGE AND OLDER AND WEIGHING 55 LBS. OR MORE. DO NOT USE ON CATS. Do not get this product in dog’s eyes or mouth. As with any product, consult your veterinarian before using this product on debilitated, aged, pregnant or nursing animals. Individual sensitivities, while rate, may occur after using ANY pesticide product on dogs. If signs persist, or become severe, consult a veterinarian immediately. If your animal is on medication, consult your veterinarian before using this or any other product. Keep out of reach of children.
Active Ingredients: Imidacloprid 8.80%, Permethrin 44.00%, Pyriproxyfen 0.44%.
How to open:
- Be sure tube is at bottom of pouch.
- Using scissors, cut the pouch across the top and remove tube.
How to apply:
- Use only on dogs.
- Remove applicator tube from the package. Use scissors and peel down foil.
- Hold applicator tube in an upright position. Pull cap off tube.
- Turn the cap around and place other end of cap back on tube.
- Twist cap to break seal, then remove cap from tube.
- The dog should be standing for easy application. The entire contents of the K9 Advantix II tube should be applied evenly on the top of the back from the shoulder to the base of the tail. At each spot, part the hair until the skin is visible. Place the tip of the tube on the skin and gently squeeze to expel a portion of the solution on the skin. Do not apply an excessive amount of solution at any one spot that could cause some of the solution to run off the side of the dog.
- Discard empty tube.
- In cases of severe pest infestations, retreatment is allowable earlier than 4 weeks. Do not retreat more often than once every 7 days. After pest control is attained, return to a monthly retreatment schedule.
|Dog Weight||K9 Advantix II||Volume|
|Under 10 lbs||Small Dog||0.4 mL tube|
|11 – 20 lbs||Medium Dog||1.0 mL tube|
|21 – 55 lbs||Large Dog||2.5 mL tube|
|Over 55 lbs||Extra Large Dog||4.0 mL tube|
Fleas rise to the top of your pet’s coat as they die, so consider it a triumph if you start seeing more fleas at first, after treating your pet. If you’re still seeing fleas after application, it may be because your pet has picked up new fleas from the environment, which may include other pets, surfaces and outdoor areas. It may take up to 30 days to break the entire flea life cycle. Additionally, you should also treat sources of new fleas (i.e., carpet, yard, etc.) to ensure complete flea control.